Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The truth works...sometimes

Last Volkswagen ad for awhile--I promise.  It's another oldie-but-goodie, and it employs a great strategy to sell a weird little car.  The truth.  It's rare in advertising, especially in raw form like it is in this Beetle advertisement.  DDB's ad is not only honest, but it's also conversational.  No jargon.  No exaggeration.  No bullshit.  It's like your over-dramatic, over-analytical, artsy friend who tells you everything you want to know (and everything you don't).  She's just looking out for you.  Yes, that skirt makes you look fat.  You have something hanging out of your nose.  That ugly little car?  It'll make your house look huge.


4 comments:

  1. I think it's a bit of post-modern irony that truth sells. It might be that rare. Great, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bullshit. I like it. I'm really enjoying the VW ads. You should keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love it. I love the VW ads too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as though VW has some damn brilliant advertising.

    ReplyDelete