Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guest blogger Taylor Kohr.

AdLuster would like to welcome guest blogger Taylor Kohr to the blog today.  Here's her take on some recent advertisements.


I don't know much about commercials or advertising.  Just the commercials I like and dislike.

When it comes to the skittles commercials, I don't even know what to think.  One will come on Tv, and when it's over I feel sort of mind-blown.  Maybe it's because they're all so random and have the weirdest subjects.


This one is recent and just plain gross.  It reminds me of eating someone's chicken pox.  Ew.  To be honest whenever it comes on TV it makes me never want to eat skittles again, especially ones growing off someones face.


This one is newer also.  Abraham Lincoln sweating skittles?  What does that even mean?

I don't know if this is good advertising or not.  All I know is I feel funny after they come on, and they do not make me crave skittles.



Taylor Kohr is a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg.  She writes a blog about the stresses of being a working college student.  To learn more about Taylor or read her work, visit her blog My College Stress First Aid Kit

6 comments:

  1. My favorite Skittles commercial of all time is the singing rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely hate the chicken pox commercial too, and that's exactly what it looks like. It's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww! I hate these commercials. It makes me question how Skittles are made. Do we really collect them after people sweat them out or break out with them. I'm kidding, but it's so gross looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see your confusion on whether or not these can be considered "good advertising."

    As far as honest Abe's run goes, I honestly don't want to eat skittle-sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Skittles commercials are usually weird as hell. If you haven't seen the Honeymoon Skittles commercial, you should (although I don't think it's official)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Although I only eat the orange Skittles (odd? maybe.) When I watched the commercial under the blechers, I gaged & don't even want to even look at a bag of Skittles. The second one with Abe L. I think maybe, there were trying to say the candy is honestly good... like honest Abe *slap my knee* ** awkwardness ** but in my (honest) opinion, after watching these commericials, I do not suddenly want to run to the store & put one up.

    ReplyDelete