Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Other top Super Bowl commercials.

You voted.  They won.  Here are the other top commercials from this year's Super Bowl according to Ad Week's Ad Blitz contest.


Number Five.

You already know I loved this one.  It was in my top favorites last week.  I'm glad everyone agreed that this commercial will make moms everywhere feel so awesome when they buy a Santa Fe.



Number Four.

This was one of my favorite Super Bowl ads I showed last week too.  I love it.  I should have warned you (again) that it will make you cry.  It does make me think of the military industrial complex though...not a good association.  But I guess the Jeep is already associated with the military.  Does that give it the right to make us cry though?  I don't think so.


Number Three.

A classic anti-advertisement: advertising that makes fun of advertising--in order to impress other advertisers.  It's funny.  It's cute.  But I hate it.  It follows a formula that's been done a million times before.  I think the celebrity endorsements are the only reasons for this commercial's placement in the top five.  And where is the phone in this ad?  The commercial focuses on it maybe twice.  In two minutes.  Not. Good.



Number Two.

This is definitely my least favorite Super Bowl commercial I've seen.  Maybe I'm not up-to-date on my Budweiser ads, but I don't understand this ongoing Clydesdale reference.  I'm sure it's perfect for Budweiser drinkers...I don't even like carrying bottles of Bud to my customers at work.  The commercial is cute nonetheless.  I get it.  The guy grows up.  His horse does too.  They have an unbreakable bond, just like a man has with his Bud.

However, I DO like the contest that shows up at the end of the commercial urging Budweiser customers to name the new baby Clydesdale.  The twitter hashtag (#) gets people talking online too.  Interesting concept.  Great execution.  I just hate it.  Budweiser drinkers are probably the same guys buying Dodge Rams.  Obviously, nothing like me.

4 comments:

  1. Man, I don't know why a lot of the Super Bowl commercials had to be sad and sentimental this year. The Budweiser one, and the Jeep one are tear jerkers. All of these are pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about your take on all these ads. What do you think works and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated with a little blurb about each of the ads. I posted about the first two ads last week, but I wanted everyone to see the winners so I posted the actual ads again.

      Delete